Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The process begins

So last night Stephen and I painted the nursery! No, we don't know what we are having yet but we picked a neutral color that we feel can go either way. The color we picked is a bright aqua blue. It is so cheerful and makes me really happy!
Here is a little sneak peak...

Its hard to tell what the exact color is but this will give you an idea.
On Sunday, as I was standing in Lowe's, with 15 (not even kidding) color swatches, asking Stephen every 5 minutes..."what do you think about this one?" "Are your sure?" "Really? You like this one?" I realized this is only the beginning of the decision making process. Now I know there will be much greater decisions with this child then what color to paint the room but it just got me thinking about how life is full of decisions (good and bad) that ultimately help shape our lives. This little human inside of me will one day have to make their own decisions and some of them will be good and some of them, I am sure, Stephen and I will wonder "what were they thinking!?!"
As we were painting last night, we were both a little awe struck at the fact that we were painting a baby nursery. We will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary this September and just looking back we are so grateful for where the Lord has brought us and what He has taught us over the years. I feel like we have learned a lot about each other and I am so excited to start this next adventure with him. He is going to be an amazing father and I can't wait to see that side of him!
This morning as I was getting ready he came upstairs with my morning cup of coffee and said "come on." Keresa: Where are we going? Stephen: Lets go have coffee in the babies room and look at the color.
Stephen: "I love it! This is getting me really excited about this baby."

I almost started crying right then and there! Needless to say I am feeling really blessed today!!

4 comments:

  1. Well......I cried for you....so sweet....and this is all so amazingly wonderful.

    Next comes G-ma touch with the mural !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! And LOVE the color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! our girls room is a blue sort of like that and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally just shed a few tears reading this! love it!
    The color is perfect and I am so excited for you and Stephen and this fabulous adventure ahead!

    ReplyDelete