Monday, July 11, 2011

6 months

Im a little late on this post but Taft turned 6 months at the end of June. I can't believe we are half way to a year! I have to say that this last month has been one of my favorite times with him. I can really see his personality coming through and he is really fun to hang out with. We have his 6 month appointment on July 21st so I will know more about how he is growing then but from what I can tell he is getting BIG. This boy loves to eat! I don't think there has been anything that I have given him that he doesn't like. He loves sweet potatoes and avacadoes the best but is also a huge fan of pears! I just started giving him oatmeal in place or rice cereal and he seems to love it. He definitly eats like his dad.
He has also discovered that his hand is now a part of him. I will catch him just staring at it, turning it around and opening and closing it. He uses his other hand to guide the one he is looking at to his mouth...its pretty cute. Some other things he does...
  • Shrieks when he is excited
  • Shakes his head back and forth
  • Gets up on his hands and knees and rocks
  • Loves when Mick is around him
  • Has 2 front bottom teeth
  • Drools constantly
  • Loves to be outside
  • Loves the books Yummy Yucky, The Big Red Barn, and Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother Too? ( I could probably quote all three of these books by memory!
Here are some 6 month pics. I can't believe how big our little boy is getting!
 This was the best shot I could get before he noticed the sign...
 ...then this happened : )

 This is mid happiness shriek...I think he was enjoying eating the paper.




2 comments:

  1. I am sitting here crying my eyes out because he is so amazing....I can't believe he is 6 months.....Next Tuesday can't come fast enough for me to be up there and hug, kiss, play, and sing to my sweet little grandson......Grammy is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! Hi T, love Hannah

    ReplyDelete