Monday, February 7, 2011

Back to the Basics


God be merciful to me on thy grace, I rest my plea
Plenteous in compassion thou blot out my transgressions now
Wash me, make me pure within cleanse, oh, cleanse me from my sin

My transgressions I confess grief and guilt my soul oppress
I have sinned against thy grace and provoked Thee to Thy face
I confess Thy judgment just speechless, I, Thy mercy trust

I am evil born in sin Thou desirest truth within
Thou alone my Savior art
teach Thy wisdom to my heart
Make me pure, Thy grace bestow wash me whiter than the snow

Gracious God, my heart renew make my spirit right and true
Thy salvation's joy impart steadfast make my willing heart
steadfast make my willing heart

Broken, humbled to the dust by Thy wrath and judgment just
Let my contrite heart rejoice and in gladness hear Thy voice
From my sins, oh, hide Thy face blot them out in boundless grace

I was reminded of this hymn the other day as I was staring out my window at ALL the snow. I love it when it snows. I love the way that it makes everything look clean, new and beautiful. I love that it reminds me of what my Savior did for me... that I am washed whiter then the snow. What a simple truth and something that, all to quickly, I sometimes forget.

As I look at this little life that I am taking care of daily I am all to often struck that although I think he is perfect he is still sinful. I am praying daily for the day that he realizes that and commits his heart to our Savior. This has been my prayer in the wee hours of the morning as I sit there alone in the peaceful quiet surrounded by snow. Jesus, please make my little babies heart whiter then the snow.




2 comments:

  1. Such a great reminder of who we are in Christ. He creates in us a clean heart, renews a steadfast spirit, and He restores us to the joy of His salvation.

    Psalm 51:10:12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post K!! We never mature past this truth do we?! Looks like you're doing a great job Mommy and friend. :)

    ReplyDelete