Friday, February 11, 2011

No naps, No sleep not a nice mommy

Yesterday was by far one of the hardest days yet. Just when you think you are getting the hang of this whole "being a mom" thing you are humbled and realize your still getting to know each other. Taft decided that yesterday he would not take naps...none. If I did lay him down he would just scream and cry or just sit there wide awake. I know its ok to let them cry and I know its ok for him to just sit there. But all that not naping during the day made for a fussy very sleepy little man at night. Lets just say at one point I needed to leave the room, take a deep breath and remind myself how much I love this little person...does that make me a bad mom? I felt like one yesterday.

Right now he is sleeping while I am enjoying a nice warm cup of coffee. Here is to another day! I can do this!

4 comments:

  1. OK...Right now....stop being so hard on yourself !! You are doing an awesome job and you still have so much to learn about your new son as you both grow into this new journey. You're going to have bad days....he's going to have bad days....and occasionally those days will collide with each other. I know it can be tough, but today is a new day. Don't expect any routines yet....it is way too early...and just when you think you are finally in a routine...well...another surprise will surface. You will want to walk away, then he will smile and coo at you and all of a sudden everything is ok again. I have been there and I have done that...and look how amazing you turned out !!!!

    Love you...mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girl...if I had a dollar for every time I have put Sterling in her crib while screaming so I could grab a breather....I would be soooo rich! You are not alone! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keresa! That makes you a GREAT mom!! Good for you for recognizing that you needed a break before you broke. There will be many more moments like that and you handled it just the right way.
    -Emmie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're doing a great job Keresa - I'm glad you get to have a minute with just you and your coffee cup. Carpool knows how important that is!! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete